Thursday, November 3, 2011

From a House to a Home! Our First Celebration...

You can't tell in the picture, but the photos in the frames range from 5x5 and 5x7 to 11x14!! It takes up the ENTIRE wall of our dining room, and I love it!
We've now been in our home for just over a month! It still feels weird to head in the exact opposite direction from almost every place I usually drive to (we live on the complete opposite end of the city now), but I'm really getting used to the fact that I am now about 15 minutes closer to everywhere! Church now takes us a total of 4 minutes to get to, a far cry from the 35 minutes+ we used to spend every week.

We're slowly continuing to unpack boxes (now we're into the non-essential, less-than-fun stuff to unpack) and we've finally started to hang picture frames and make the house really look like our own. We decorated Princess and Tobe's rooms first - it was really important to us that they each get their own, unique spaces. Next up will be the kitchen (I'm going Mickey-chic!! Warm yellow, cranberry, and black... I will post pictures once I'm done!) and then we'll probably figure out our room. 

Last weekend our house really felt like our home as we hosted family and friends for Tobe's dedication ceremony. Our first celebration in our house was for the event of my husband's and my decision to dedicate our son, promising to teach him about God and His love for Tobes, to raise Tobes in a Christian home, and ask for God's guidance in our parenting of him. We dedicated Princess in the same manner 3 and a half years ago. Our faith means a lot to our family, and so this was an important event for us, and the perfect first celebration in our new home.

I still can't believe it's ours <3

No comments:

Post a Comment