Saturday, October 13, 2012

Breathe In, Breathe Out.

This is slowly becoming routine.

Wake up, throw food at the kids, clean (I know, I can't believe it either), get the kids dressed, play, laundry, play some more, or sometimes we have a playdate. Then 11:30 hits. Throw more food at the kids, especially Princess. Grab a snack, find her backpack. Noon. Load up the kids and take Princess to school. We're a bit early? Hit the park for a little. Line Princess up at the door, and say "au revoir" to her when the teacher comes. Head back home. Time for nap, Tobes! (Or at the very least, quiet time), unless it's Monday, in which case we snuggle on the couch until it's time for gymnastics. If he naps, I fiddle around on the computer, maybe send an e-mail or two or do some work, and before I know it, it's 3. Time to load Tobes up in the car and pick up Princess. Snacks await both, and we head back home, or sometimes run an errand. Princess is getting a lot better at remembering and telling me about how her day has gone (though usually the update is whether or not they got gym class, what they did at recess, and which boy accidentally walked into the girl's bathroom). If it's nice out, the kids will play in the yard while I start supper. Otherwise they take up camp in the kitchen or head downstairs to the playroom.We wait until Daddy gets home, and then if it's Tuesday or Wednesday Princess heads to either dance or church, otherwise I might have work or escape to Zumba, or Hubbyman might go to curling.


As I said in a text to a friend at the beginning of September, this is my life now. This is beginning to become routine. Sure, there are still days where it's a mad dash to pick-up/drop-off Princess because I lost track of time, and I totally miss pajama days (though I still slip back into my pajama pants during Tobe's naptime some days!) but all in all, this is working for us.

We just need to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment