Saturday, December 12, 2009

Leave it to the 2 year old to ruin Christmas!

It took me weeks to finally gather up the drive and motivation to start on the pajama pants I was making for my mom for Christmas. 2 pairs made of really pretty, really soft fleece! Yesterday I finally got my butt in gear, and all but finished the first of the two pairs. Knowing that it was just an hour before my mom would get there to babysit, I carefully packed away the pattern and instructions, and hid the fabric. All the pins, needles, and supplies were safely stowed just as my mom came to the door. Tara shouted in excitement and rushed to greet her Grammie. My mom wasn't even 2 steps in the door when Tara exclaimed "Grammie!! Mommy making pajama pants for you!!!"

Greg told me last night that while I was going to be at my spa appointment this morning (yes ladies, be jealous! ;)) he and Tara were going shopping. They were going to Home Depot, Canadian Tire, and "another store". This morning Tara woke up in a cheery mood and I brought her back into bed with us. She gave her daddy and hug and told me "We go to Old Maybe today!"

Now, it's not that we're expecting our little girl to keep secrets well, or know when she should say what, but we totally weren't prepared for her to be such a little blabbermouth! *lol*

2 comments:

  1. At my hubby's bday party two years ago, I had stashed Nathan's gift at Pete & Christy's. So they arrive at the party and Zack announces to Nathan "Uncle Nay, we brought your unicycle!"
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete