Friday, September 9, 2011

"Meticulous" feet...



I am one proud momma this week. Princess started dance again on Tuesday. This time she's in the "big kid" class (with only one other kid from her Tiny Tots class... I don't know if that means the others quit, or are still in Tiny Tots). This time she's in an actual competative class, and I think she's the youngest one there!

We've "practiced" over the summer, which has basically meant that we'll either both spontaneously break out into dance in the kitchen, or I'll randomly ask her to show me a "jump-2-3" during our day. Most kids go straight into the class she's in now if they start after the age of 5, so I knew that ANYTHING she did this summer would just be bonus.

But her teacher told me that she's "meticulous" with her foot position (something that has been 100% her doing) and a very good listener. And that just has me beaming. Almost as much as catching her practicing her "jump-2-3"'s on her own in her room on in an empty kitchen ;)

I keep saying that I'm a dance mom, but not one of THOSE dance moms. At the end of the day, I just really, REALLY hope she'll love dancing as much as I did. Seriously, that means more than any title or championship she could ever win...

(seriously, I caught most of the first episode of that show, and that is a whole other rant for a whole 'nother day. Scary. Just scary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment