Wednesday, December 21, 2011

29


Today I turn 29. One year from today, I will be 30 (which is apparently also the end of the world, or at least the end of the Mayan calendar. I am going to have one INSANE "It's the End of the World As We Know It, and Erie's 30!" party, but that's another conversation altogether). (Seriously though, it's going to be awesome).

I had goals for my younger 20's - when I wanted to graduate university, when I wanted to have a career, when I wanted to be married by, when I wanted to have kids, etc. But I never had "goals"/markers/whatever past the age of 25... It's a new stage of my life. I am married (coming up on 7 years!) I have the house of my dreams to raise my babies in, and on that note, I am done having babies! Now is a time to start looking beyond and setting bigger goals. I want to make a name for myself in my industry, and I want to be successful in my upcoming business ventures, and seeds are being sewn. I want to be a dance mom for Princess, and a soccer mom for Tobes (or hockey, except the idea of 4am rink times scares the crap out of me!) I want to be the best mom for both of them I can be. I want to be an amazing wife for my husband, and I want to keep growing and nurturing the amazing friendships I've made throughout my life.

I can't believe I'm already 29. Not that it's old, but I don't feel old enough to be 29, and yet chronologically, I guess it must be so. I look around me and am proud of the life I have cultivated, and the woman I have become. And I can't wait to see what the last year of my 20's shapes up to be!

Happy Birthday to Meee!

No comments:

Post a Comment