Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eeee!

This is the hotel we'll be staying at, all decked out!!
I still can't believe it's real. I still can't believe that we're actually going to Disneyland. It's booked, passport photos have been taken, and now all I need to do is eventually get my butt down to the passport office to actually get everything in. Then, the waiting game.

We're hoping to keep this all a surprise from them. I still talk in front of the kids about it, but I'm trying to quit (and I haven't done details in awhile, like using the actual name). But realistically, I need to stop. Thankfully they seem to have no idea (Princess isn't asking any questions. Princess ALWAYS ask questions), and there's 8 months for them to forget anything they've heard ;)

Now we're toying with how to tell them. I've been pinning a bunch of ideas for the park in general, and I've found some really cute countdowns (I also may or may not have a countdown on my computer that's down to the hour...)

But here's what we're toying with right now...

Option 1: Hubbyman goes away, a LOT. We will often drive him to the airport. We could get the kids up and dressed, thinking that we're driving daddy to the airport. Park the car, and open the back to reveal their luggage, all packed, backpacks for the plane, and tell them we're going WITH Daddy, and we're going to DISNEYLAND!! (with the video camera on, of course ;))

Option 2: We'll have to leave the house SUPER-early (like SUPER super-early), so it might be fun to kind of charge in when we wake them up and surprise them that way... But then again, they'll be super groggy, and it might be more confusing that surprising...

Only 35 weeks until our trip!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like option 1...what about having something Mickey like a balloon or Mickey ears to hand them when you open the trunk so maybe the Princess can figure it out herself?? Can't wait to see the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, that is brilliant! We were talking about getting ears to meet us there in the room, but they also each have personalized Disneyland ears that a family friend (and fellow Disneyland addict) got them during her trips there. We could bring those ears along and sit them on the luggage, and then get "fun" ears (different themes, colors, etc) in the park...

    Otherwise, I also love the balloon idea. I was thinking about balloons for the early morning wake-up, but I could just as easily stow them in the car, though that will also be dependant on weather (it's COLD up here!!)

    Thank you for the suggestions!! (also, thanks for reading my blog! I've missed seeing you around!)

    ReplyDelete