Wednesday, September 3, 2014

10 Things.

Yesterday wasn't all bad. It was pretty awful, one of the worst days of the past year, I almost quit right then and there, but there were a few silver linings. I am still processing it, but part of that process is to recognize the things that made it not entirely awful.
  1. Princess loves her new class. Her desk is beside one of her friends from last year, and her best-school-friends from Kindergarten and Grade 1 are in her class.
  2. Princess remembers French afterall. And apparently her teacher is "really nice".
  3. Tobes got a new airplane magazine, and we snuggled on the couch last night looking at all the cool jets.
  4. My grocery shopping got done. And I mean my once-a-month monster shopping got done. Major thanks to Zita for that one. During the shopping trip I also got to process almost all of my emotions so that I wasn't a raging lunatic for the entire day.
  5. My husband took the afternoon off. He took the afternoon off because his hysterical wife called him sobbing and threatening to sell his son to the circus, but it was nice to see him nonetheless.
  6. I got to take Princess out for "coffee" after school, which gave us a solid hour of "us" time and I got to hear all about her first day at school. And give her that hug I owed her. There were lots of hugs. She was embarrassed by the sheer number of hugs. My duty was done.
  7. Tobes calmed down and got to build his new puzzle in the afternoon.
  8. I got a workout in.
  9. I made yummy meatballs for supper (thank goodness for #4!!)
  10. I got a lot of comments, private messages, and texts from close friends, past friends, and acquaintances who read my blog post yesterday, and last night you were all my support team. It was really nice to hear just how not-alone I was, and just how many people understood what I was going through when I sincerely felt like I was on a little lonely island. I know some people get it, I just didn't realize how many. 
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment