Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Disney Influence

Princess-influence specifically. I don't know what else it could be! My little girl refuses to wear anything other than skirts or dresses, and she hates having her knees show. In the summer heat this is fine - she has enough of both to cycle through on a regular basis, and I love making her skirts to boot. She has pretty patterns, fun designs, skirts that are frilly and ones that twirl. I'm thrilled that she polices the length herself, not that I think it's a huge deal for a 3 year old, but it's a pattern I'll definately encourage as practice for later on.

The problem is that my princess of a daughter lives up in the cold north with me, and the warm temperatures are already starting to cool as we near fall. This become problematic because her majesty refuses to wear tights, shorts, leggings, babylegs, pants, etc. Basically if it touches her leg, no thanks! I have thicker materials to make her some "winter skirts" to wear with long sleeves and sweaters, but it would be nice if I could get her to wear something underneath.

I was such a tomboy as a child - this struggle is definately new to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment