Monday, August 23, 2010

There Might be a Little Room for Love Afterall...

One of my best friends has 2 sons, aged 5 and 6, whom we now make a weekly trek out to see. Tara and the 6 year old (my Godson) were somewhat betrothed from the start. Zack has always been kind and gentle to Tara. They hold hands at church, and they play gently and quietly (most times) at our playdates.

Nathan and Tara, on the otherhand... Well, Nathan one day informed us that he "just can't love Tara". And that summed it up best. Nathan and Tara are like water and oil. There's a communication barrier that just doesn't seem to let up, no matter how they grow and mature. Nathan and Tara will just never love each other...

... Until today. We've noticed Nathan and Tara are pretty happy to play when Zack's at school. This afternoon Nathan and Tara even spent time drawing while Zack played on the Wii. But they absolutely outdid themselves when we came in from playing in the yard - when Nathan signed "I love you" to Tara, and Tara said "I love you back".

To top it off, they HUGGED goodbye (which I don't think they've actually ever done.. Ever.)

Could this be a turing point? Could they end up lifelong friends? I don't know. But I do know one thing - maybe there is a little room for love afterall...

No comments:

Post a Comment