Friday, July 29, 2011

Farewell Rapunzel (Part 1)


It was a stormy sky when this was taken
Princess is adamant that she wants her hair cut. She wants it short, like mine (above her shoulders). Right now her hair is down to her waist, and curls slightly at the end. We've cut her hair 5 times in her 4 years on the earth - once was when she was a week old and Hubbyman's grandpa passed away (I cut a small lock for his casket). Once was her first "official" haircut when she was about 14 months old - a dear friend of mine who's a hairdresser evened out her baby hair (the front was longer than the back) and gave her cute bangs. I then gave her 2 bang trims shortly after that, and then a month or two ago I trimmed the ends of her hair and took no more than an inch (if that) off.

But she wants a BIG change. She wants to chop off her 16" ponytail, and she wants to have short hair just like her mommy! We've actually even talked about donating said ponytail (in reality we'd probably cut off just over the 10" needed for Locks of Love) to a child in need.

I might have hinted to it before, but I don't handle change well. And while everyone has told ME that "it'll grow back", I'm still hesitant. I'm not too afraid that she'll regret it - she has been asking for this since October, and I've shown her countless pictures of short hair. I think I might be worried that she'll like it too much and want to keep her hair shorter. She's always had this long, flowing hair. She's always needed a hairband, clip, braid or ponytail. 

But this Sunday, we're heading out for a long-awaited playdate with the same friend who gave Princess her very first haircut, and her daughter. And at some point, I'll say farewell to my Rapunzel! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment