Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fascinating Fascinators Sparked My Pinterest!


It all started with a last-minute trip to a local farmer's market last night, and specifically a stop at a vendor with amazingly adorable hair accessories - mostly clips, bows, flowers, and bands for little girls. Since chopping off my hair (it was almost down to my waist when Tobes was born!) I have been known to steal a flower clip from my daughter to tame an unruly curl on occasion.

I couldn't resist, and I bought Princess yet another flower clip (bringing her count up to 3, as well as a pretty pink chiffon headband from the same vendor on a previous visit) and picked out the brown lacy flower for myself (as seen in the photo).

And then I got to thinking - with my new fab 'do, I want to play around with fun accessories. Maybe not flowers all the time, but fun headbands, and dammit - I want a fascinator! (I may or may not have obsessed over the royal wedding, and I may or may not be desperate to try one myself). I had so much fun searching ebay and etsy which led to my next thought...

I'm a crafter...! What's to stop me from making my own pretties?? So I have started to round up all sorts of awesome DIYs and Tutes for beautiful barrettes, heavenly headbands, and yes - a few fascinating fascinators have made that list ;)

And to organize it all? I have stumbled onto an AWESOME website - www.pinterest.com. It's basically just a place to collect and organize different links, ideas, tutes, recipes, and more! You can make inspiration boards of different pins (for outfits, home decor, menus, etc) And as you build your boards, you can browse other people's for inspiration and share ideas.

It's PERFECT for my crafty self, and as I've started browsing, I'm getting GREAT ideas for the new house too!

So check it out, and find me on there - you can find my new follow button just under my profile on the side of my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment