Saturday, July 9, 2011

Why I Like "Crappy" Music... (and make no apologies for it)

All you people, can't you see, can't you see, NKOTBSB!!! :D

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Backstreet's Back (alright!) and have joined up with New Kids On The Block for every teeny bopper's dream concert! They'll be in town this Tuesday! I have seen Backstreet Boys EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. they've come to town, minus last year, when Tobes was a newborn and I had to make the choice between breastfeeding and Backstreet Boys (it was a tough call, ladies!)

My e-mail account used to be closetbsbfan @ hotmail dot com. I have loved BSB ever since I first heard "Get Down" in grade 9 (1996!). Nick was my favorite at first, but that later changed to Brian, and he's forever been my favorite since.

I make no apologies for my "horrible" taste in music (I like a lot of pop music, though I wish not to disclose other artists at this time ;)) and despite being teased incessantly, boy bands make me happy :)

It's certainly not the deep, soul-stirring lyrics ("You are my fire, my one desire...") or the synthesized music (let's call a spade a spade. Pop stars are NOT musicians. They are pretty faces who can sing and dance and sell magazine covers and put on amAZing shows) that gets my heart racing.

When I listen to my BSB playlist, I feel 14 again. I'm having sleepovers with my friends, and we're buying magazines, taping specials on our VCRs, and saving up allowances for CDs,  posters, and concerts. I had some AWESOME summers with the Backstreet Boys, and I go back there whenever I hear "Backstreet's Back" or "As Long As You Love Me".

So I'll be at that concert on Tuesday night. And I'll lose my voice screaming every time Brian comes on stage ;)

2 comments: