Thursday, August 21, 2014

In Search Of...

My mission  next week is to find an awesome gluten-free pretzel recipe. Did you know there is a Wetzel Pretzel in the mall now? And it smells amazing. So amazing. I miss doughy pretzels. And that cheese sauce? DAMN.

So my mission is to find a pretzel recipe. And I will document it, I promise. And if it turns out well, I will sing it from the rooftops, post about it on social media, and brag about it here. I didn't always hate baking. I used to make awesome pie crusts and I loved making bread. But gluten-free baking just isn't the same. From needing a pantry full of 25 different flours and 16 different starches, to the fact that gluten-free dough DOES NOT FORM INTO ANYTHING, it's just not as awesome as it's gluten-filled, gut-demolishing (in the case of my son) 'a counterpart. :P

While I am working towards accepting the fact that I gotta be me,  I do still hope that I can embrace gluten-free baking more. Pies, breads, and pretzels - I hope I can learn to love it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment