Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer Blog Challenge

I have not blogged since last November. It's not for lack of trying - my draft queue is filled with half-written ideas, little starts and random thoughts. A whole bunch of cool friends (who also blog) are doing a Summer Blog Challenge, and I feel like it's as good a time as any to catch up, to finish some of those thoughts, and to explore some new ideas.

My biggest goal from this challenge is to learn how to finish a post. I have a tenancy to start one topic, link it to another one, and then leave both expertly unfinished. Then they both get banished to my "draft list", never to be seen again, I curse the whole notion of "blogging" in general, and go rot my brain on bad reality TV.

Take this post for example. It's taken me 2 hours to write this. Why? Because I've started at least 4 new topics in this post in the last 2 hours, none of which have anything to do with the Summer Blog Challenge (other than the fact that they are blog posts, posts that I might write during the challenge. This summer).

So before I start my 5th topic (it's a toss-up between "I'm not really a dance mom", and "I like helping people"), I will end this here. Look at me finishing a thought, and then hitting publish before everything is muddled!

Small victories, my friends ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment