Sunday, January 29, 2012

7 Years!

On our wedding day

Us now!
7 years ago today I was waking up the morning after my wedding. 7 years ago today was my first full day as a wife, after spending the first night in the bedroom of my new house, with my new husband. Our wedding was a fairytale, but more important than the dress, the cake, or the venue was that it was celebrated with our closest family and friends, and I became his wife that day.

Last night we celebrated 7 years of marriage. My mom came over to look after the littles, and we went out for dinner at the Melting Pot - oh my goodness, SO good! The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was lovely, but most of all it was nice to sit down with my love and have it be just us. The coolest part of the restaurant is that the 2-person booths are secluded from the rest of the restaurant, and it feels like you're in your own little private room :) Hubs and I talked and laughed and for 3 hours it was just the 2 of us.

One highlight of the evening was the sparkler Hubby gave me that he picked up while in Dubai as an anniversary gift:
Diamonds and sapphires! He done good ;)

I can't believe it's been 7 years! I am so thankful for my husband, and for my family. In 7 years we've welcomed 2 beautiful children, we've traveled the world (especially him), we've both grown in our careers, and we've moved into our dream home. I am so proud to be his wife. I am so proud of all he's done, and all we've done together. I look at him at see the man of my dreams, and each and every day he becomes more so. I am so proud of my family, and the life that Hubby and I have made for ourselves. We've had our ups, and our downs, but each challenge we've faced has only made us stronger. Marriage isn't always easy, but it's what you do when you're in the downs that makes the biggest difference. Every day I wake up choosing to love him. Every day I wake up choosing to be a family with him. I love him so wholly and completely, and I can't imagine my life without him, and I am so very glad that he is mine, and that I am his. And as cliche as it sounds, I really do love him more today than I did 7 years ago, standing in front of our family and friends and God and pledging to love him for all my days.

Thank you for letting me be your wife, husband-of-mine, and letting me love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment