Monday, January 2, 2012

2012!

Happy New Year!!

So I might be a few days late, and I apologize ;) But I hope everyone has had a safe and wonderful holiday season. I've been thinking of resolutions for awhile... I started with making some resolutions for our new home, and then I started to think about who I was in 2011, and who I want to be in 2012.

2011 was apparently a year of change for a LOT of people. Everyone I have talked to faced major things last year, good or bad. For myself, 2011 was full of challenges. I started a business, and I met some amazing women. We moved out of our first home, and moved into our "forever" home. New friendships and relationships were forged, others changed, and some even came to a close. Special babies were born in 2011, and special babies were created to appear in 2012. I learned new things about me, good and bad. 2011 was by no means awful, but I must admit I am more than happy that it's come to an end.

I have 2 different posts sitting in my queue, all half-finished. One is about my new-home resolutions, and one is about all the awful TV I watch. Both come into play when I talk about what I want 2012 to be for me and my family. I want 2012 to be a year of peace, and I want the theme to be 100% completely family-focused. Obviously my children and my husband are always in the forefront, but I want to maintain that always whether it be in business-dealings, relationships, friendships, or just how I spend my time. I want to be less busy this year. I lead a VERY active social like, and I love all my friends, but I also think everyone needs some downtime now and again, and that includes me in a very big way, especially as work starts to get busier. I need to find a way to balance everyone I love so much, along with my family, my work, and my me time.

I also have MANY house-related resolutions, especially as the holidays come to a close - I am on load 4 of at LEAST 6 loads of laundry that NEED to be completed today. I need to revamp my chores list as we've now added an extra sitting room, craft room, and bathroom. Not to mention a higher-maintenance yard and just more square footage all-around. I will say that the extra square footage has FINALLY given us all the space we need for our stuff, and that's a huge relief! I also have general domestic goals (like cooking) which will also help with my goals for health. I know you've heard this from me before, but I PROMISE there will be more on this later ;)

2011 was so big, I am so excited to see what this year has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment