Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Catching Up - The Big 3-0!


My facebook status 2 weeks ago was "Today marks a year in my life where I make a marked effort to remember I'm NOT 24 anymore..." 

I have moved into a whole new decade, my friends! And I am so excited! To mark the occasion we threw a fantastic house-party and I was thrilled with the turnout. Even with the party being 4 days before Christmas (that's right, I turned 30 on the day the Mayan calendar ended, which made for an awesome party-theme), most of my nearest and dearest (those without prior family commitments - it is Christmas afterall) were able to stop-in even for a little bit and help me celebrate :)

My 20's were pretty good to me. I graduated from University, started my career, got married, gave birth to 2 amazing children, and started a new career. In those 10 years I moved from my dad's house to my first apartment, and then into the home my husband and I built, then to our "forever home". I owned 4 vehicles (and still hold out hope for the day I can get a beetle again...) and traveled (including 3 trips to Disneyland and an amazing adventure in Ireland). I've kept some amazing friends throughout my journey, as well as added some awesome ones along the way. 

And now as I think of all I did in the last 10 years, I wonder where the next 10 will take me. Will I go back for my Masters? Will I expand my business? Or will there be another area of my passion that I'll explore? Where will we travel next (a return to Ireland is on our list), and what will my family look like 10 years from now?

Happy 30th Birthday to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment