Friday, January 4, 2013

I Love the Way You Love



Yesterday as Princess went through an Ikea tunnel at a playdate, Tobes' little voice could be heard on the other end cheering her on - "You can DO it! You do it real, real good". Later during the same playdate, Tobes was intent on sharing toys and making sure the other child had plenty to play with. Princess is usually the first to console Tobes when he's upset (providing she wasn't the cause of the upset), and she is often his request to tuck him in - a job she relishes, and I melt when I hear her pray over him. She loves her friends, especially the "babies" in her life and loves to play with them and dance, sing songs, or make silly faces to make them laugh.

I love the way my children love. I love watching them with their friends and I love watching them with each other. To think that we were almost "done with one"! I love the way they each genuinely care about people in their lives. I love watching them go beyond just sharing and GIVING to others. I am proud to say that my daughter actually genuinely showed as much interest in me opening my gifts from her, as her opening her gifts from me! If my children never learn anything else in their lives, I am SO proud of the way they love. I love the way they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment