Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Princess

The Princess, in all her 4-year-old glory. Isn't she beautiful? :)
4 years ago today I became a mommy.

4 years ago today a little girl was placed in my arms, and I was shocked (we expected a boy), nervous (I don't handle change well), excited, thrilled (we had always wanted a girl), and elated for the rest of my life as a mommy to start.

4 years ago I was dreaming of who you'd grow up to be. I was hoping you'd like dance, and Disney. I was hoping you'd be smart, and funny. I was hoping you'd love books, and being read to. I was wondering if you'd keep my eye color and who you'd look like more as you grew up. I was excited to show you your home, your puppy, and your family. I was excited to take you to the park, and the zoo, and share all my favorite childhood places with you.

And now you're my Princess, and you come by the nickname honestly ;) You love dresses and your long hair. You LOVE dance (yay!), and Disney. You are a bubbly little girl who always has something to say, and you're ridiculously hilarious when you want to be. You love to make us laugh. You love to "read" (look at books), and you're constantly bringing books to me. You have my eye color, and daddy's hair color, and it changes back and fourth who you look like more (though I think right now you look a LOT like I did at your age). You're a beautiful girl with a smile that takes up your whole face.

Even when I get frustrated, you make me proud to be your mommy. You're smart, funny, happy, and kind.

I love you. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment