Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to The Tobes

My ridiculously handsome little man, Tobes.
1 year ago today, I was made a mommy for the second time!

We had just finished celebrating your big sister's birthday, and you made your appearance on your due date, with 42 minutes to spare!

1 year ago today, a little boy was placed in my arms. We didn't officially know if you were a boy or a girl before you were born, but as soon as you were born, we knew you were Tobes. The early days were just spent getting to know you. We had a baby before, but we had never had a Tobes. I wondered if you'd like being wrapped against me (you did!) or if you'd prefer the swing (you didn't). I was excited for you to meet your big sister, and wondered if you'd like being her little brother (you do!) And I was excited to start our new life together as our happy little family. You were the missing piece. You were the one we were waiting for to complete us.

And now you're our little man. You're constantly exploring, and even though it keeps me on my toes, and even though I wish you'd sit still for just. a. minute, I wouldn't really have it any other way. I wonder if you're going to grow up to be an engineer like your daddy, or maybe an acrobat? You certainly are a daredevil - your scariest hobby is scaling the ladder up to Princess's loft bed. You're very quiet when you do it, and we have to be VERY careful about keeping that door closed now!

You have blonde hair and in the right light, I can see little hints of red, but otherwise you look a bit like your daddy, and a bit like your Uncle James. I wonder if your hair will stay blonde, get more red, or change to something completely different? I wonder who you'll end up looking like as you grow out of babyhood.
I wonder what you'll be like as you get older? Will you like music? Will you like to read? Will you keep your no-fear attitude, or will you mellow down with age?

This past year has been amazing. I love learning more about you each and every day, and I cannot wait to see what this next year brings. I think you're amazing, and I am so excited to be your mommy!!

I love you. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment