Monday, June 6, 2011

If You Go Out in the Woods Today...


Yesterday we celebrated Tobes birthday alongside his bestest best bud, Sam! The boys were born 2 days apart (Sam shares Princess's birthday) and a joint birthday venture meant that Tobe's first birthday was given all the focus and celebration it deserved (something I was nervous about when I first got pregnant with another June baby).

Sam's mom just so happens to be one of MY bestest best buds, The Common Sense Crusader :) And she and her lovely husband co-hosted the event.

It was perfect, almost right down to the weather!

We started out the morning with family portraits done by Jordan Verlage, the same man who did our maternity and Tobe's newborn photos. We got shots of Tobes, Sam, and Princess (her 4th birthday will be celebrated with friends in July. That is what I keep telling myself, and it's a promise I am going to hold to!) and then family shots, as well as one big happy family shot.


Some examples of his work - one of my favorite maternity photos


The Common Sense Crusader and I

Baby Tobes... I can't believe he was ever that small!
I will take this moment to mention that Ms. Common Sense and I keep getting asked if the boys are twins (they do look alike), and when they find out they aren't, they ask if we're sisters! Actually, we've been asked the sister questions a couple of times outside the boys altogether. Isn't it said that people who spend a lot of time together start looking alike? Well I'll put on the matching nylon windbreaker if you do, m'dear!

Not sure who would be who in this picture, but don't they look snazzy?
After photos, we headed to the park. The forcast for the day was sunny and bright up until the day before, when Mr Weatherman predicted thunderstorms and showers all afternoon :(

But while that might have been the forcast, no one told God ;) Because we had "soft light" for the photos (which meant no scary squinty eyes for us!) and then BEAUTIFUL weather up until the literal end of the party (it started to pour rain as we loaded up, then the sun came out again! *lol*)

It was an amazing day! We had a lot of fun, with a lot of great people, and I am so happy we could share Tobe's first birthday with those we love!

Professional pictures to come soon, I promise :) Jordan (who also took PARTY pictures) said they'd be ready in 1-2 weeks, so the countdown begins ;) In the meantime, here's some we took!

Sam

Princess and her friends

Birthday Boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment